You may not realise it but your boiler works all year round providing you with hot running water and a warm home in the colder months, the last thing you need is for your boiler system to fail you when you need it the most. If you are vulnerable, have young children or are elderly you will want to be sure that your home is kept at a comfortable temperature.
Boiler breakdowns can be a massive inconvenience for many which can lead to loss of heating and your hot water supply. Regular servicing will be able to highlight any issues sooner rather than later.
Boiler servicing is a great way to maintain the health and life span of your boiler, here are a number of reasons why it’s so important:
• Ensures that your boiler is working safely and efficiently as a faulty boiler due to lack of maintenance can pose many risks
• Existing parts inspected for wear and tear
• Checks done to ensure there are no blockages and all internal parts are flowing freely
• Inspecting for water or fuel leaks
• Pressure checks done to ensure that you are getting the best out of your boiler
• You run less risk of having a sudden boiler breakdown at any given time and needing to fork out for an emergency call out
We recommend servicing your boiler on a yearly basis to ensure that your boiler is running efficiently. If you are a landlord of a property, it is a legal requirement.
The ideal time to get your boiler serviced is when you are using it less, so ideally in the warmer months. This will ensure that your boiler can meet the higher demands when the temperatures start to drop.
What will happen if I don’t have my boiler serviced annually?
• You could see a rise in your energy bills
• You run a higher risk of a carbon monoxide leak going unnoticed
• Your boiler could have a fault that could lead to a boiler breakdown
• You could end up facing a repair bill that could have been avoided
• Warranty could become void if servicing is not upheld
If you look after your boiler and keep any maintenance up to date there will be no reason for it to fail you.
Did you know?
If you live in or around London, North East or the West Midlands you are more likely to suffer a boiler breakdown and here are a few reasons why:
• These regions are supplied with hard water which means that the water contains more minerals like magnesium and calcium which over time can cause a build-up of limescale
• There is a clear link between hard water areas and the frequency of boilers breaking down
• Higher number of homes being rented out which means that the servicing falls to the landlord – it may be worth mentioning to your landlord to see when the boiler was last serviced.
• Older properties and potential restrictions if you are wanting to update your heating system for a modern one
• Bigger families/multiple occupancy which puts additional strain on the boiler and heating system
You can book a service with us anytime, simply fill in the contact form and we will be happy to arrange a convenient time to service your boiler so that you can have peace of mind that your boiler is working in tip top condition throughout the year.